💡 Baird analysed Google search trends for the Internet and Interactive Entertainment sectors, and highlights key indicators of market direction:
👉🏻 Streaming internet traffic evolved over the year under the influence of the pandemic : Netflix (NASDAQ: #NFTLX), Amazon Prime (NASDAQ: #AMZN) and Disney+ (NYSE: #DIS) among the most popular ones. Snowball effect on homeware furnitures provide like Wayfair (NYSE: #W).
On the same side, since the end of March, we have noticed a growing number of searches on video games and social platforms making Snapchat (NYSE: #SNAP), Instagram (NASDAQ: #FB) and TikTok the best social medias to help overcome lockdown and stay at home measures.
👉🏻 It doesn't come as a surprise, that in this time, interactive media is # 1 on Baird's list, along with the release of next-generation consoles:
• Sony (TYO: #6758)
• Microsoft (NASDAQ: #MSFT).
👉🏻 Microsoft leads indeed the number of searches for the console "Xbox Series X" increased by 21.4% compared to "PS5" from Sony by 20.5%. With requests on the rise for GameStop Corp. (NYSE: #GME), Call of Duty by Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: #ATVI) and Apex Legends by Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: #EA) we see the gaming sector gaining momentum.
⚡️ To conclude, YTD performances of the above mentioned companies
• Netflix (NASDAQ: #NFTLX) +46.89%
• Amazon Prime (NASDAQ: #AMZN) +64.25%
• Disney+ (NYSE: #DIS) -4.35%
• Snapchat (NYSE: #SNAP) +157.75%
• Instagram (NASDAQ: #FB) +29.17%
• Sony (TYO: #6758) +24.46%
• Microsoft (NASDAQ: #MSFT) +32.05%
• GameStop Corp. (NYSE: #GME) + 101.43%
• Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: #ATVI) +32.07%
• Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: #EA) +13.64%
💎 Excellent analytics to assess the sector that has been one of the winner of this crisis.
OTB Global Investments,
London, 20 November 2020